Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stupid Cold



Ok, I am not a fan of being sick! To be honest who is? But I just don't have time for this. A sick husband, a sick toddler, and by the grace of God a healthy infant leaves, me very little time to recover myself. You know you sound bad when the OB calls to confirm your 6 week appointment and decides to sound far too sick to come into their office!!! I think I am on the second half of this yucky-ness and will be on the mend soon. Which is great since I go back to work on Tuesday.
I am sure I will talk a lot about my feeling about going back to work over the next few days. I would love nothing more then to stay at home with my boys, tend to our home, and make fantastic meals everyday. But the economy being what it is, that just isn't going to happen right now. Although I will say I miss the interaction with adults I am not related to. I guess we will see how long I enjoy that interaction.
Tonight's dinner isn't going to be fancy or creative. But it is Owen's favorite, fish sticks and mac and cheese! I did make a yummy breakfast casserole night before last, so I will share that recipe with you.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:

half a loaf of french bread (torn into bite sized chunks)
half of a pound of sliced mushrooms
1 pound of sausage browned and drained
2 cups of shredded hash browns
2 cups of shredded cheese
10 eggs (beaten with half a cup of milk)

grease a 9x13 pan
put the bread, mushrooms, hash browns, and sausage in the pan, pour the eggs over the top.
Bake for 25 minutes, take out and spread the cheese over the top and return to the oven for 10 more minutes.

This can be put together the night before. That is what my grandma always did. Just be sure to cover it.

In closing I want to just say, that today our families prayers were answered when we found out a family members cancer had not spread, and that after surgery today she is cancer free! Praise God! He does listen and take care of all of his children!






No comments:

Post a Comment